We will always have room in our day for whatever we make priority. When packing your suitcase for a trip, you begin with the essentials. Some things will be left out. In our spiritual lives, if we begin the day with God and the Word and prayer, the other items on the “to do list” will fall in line. Some items may go to tomorrow because we planned too many things for today. When you start with God and ask His help, He will make everything you should do today be accomplished. Jesus Himself told us:
“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
Make Your spiritual life a priority
You are a spirit and have a soul and body. But your spiritual life is the part that needs to be fed and tended just as you feed your body. Here are 8 practical ways I maintain my spirit.
- Read through the Bible every year (not just your favorite parts)
- Praise and fellowship with God throughout the day and be aware of His presence
- Find a church where you can grow and be fed spiritually and serve
- Set a time of prayer (I do it on the treadmill) to pray for leaders and needs
- Be quick to forgive and ask for forgiveness and let go of all bitterness
- Maintain your peace, joy and love at all times and don’t allow anything to steal these
- Regularly feed from authors who challenge you (or watch on internet) so you improve and get constant input for spiritual “coaches”. Some of my favorites are Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer and my pastor.
- Live to give to others daily