Have you ever thought about God’s Heaven as a King’s Court? Does He have rules of etiquette when we approach Him? In this devotion, we will look at the image of God in His heavenly court.
Court of Heaven
Picture yourself coming into the court of a king. You would be given special instructions on protocol. Perhaps you should bow or you should not look them in the eyes. These are protocol when coming before a dignitary.
Psalm 100:4 Come through the gates to his Temple giving thanks to him. Enter his courtyards with songs of praise. Honor him and bless his name.
God almighty also has protocol. He desires thanksgiving and praise instead of weeping and moaning and wailing. God is a God of light and joy and peace. That is His atmosphere. He is also our Heavenly Father so we have access to come before Him anytime. It’s important we come daily into His presence the way He chooses.
- Court etiquette is required when coming before a king or president
- We come with thanks—not complaining
- We draw closer by praising God for what He has done
- We honor God when we respond to Him verbally and from the heart
1. How do thanksgiving and praise differ?
2. Examine this week’s song list. Which are thanksgiving and praise?