God loves you and wants you to live forever with Him in heaven. Some people think they will go to heaven based upon their good works outweighing their bad. Others think they won’t go to heaven because of their sin that God cannot forgive. Neither of these is truth as revealed in the Bible. People simply are born into sin and need to be pulled out of that condition by God Himself. That’s exactly what God did when He sent His only Son Jesus to come to earth and die in our place.
Romans 10:9-10 states “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” NIV
If you are ready to become a believer in Jesus, here’s a prayer that you can pray from your heart to accept Jesus as your savior.
Thank You God for sending Jesus to earth to live and die. I accept Jesus as my personal savior. I believe God raised Jesus from the dead and He is alive today. Thank You God for saving me from my sin and separation from You. Jesus took my place and I receive Him today. I ask You to take me as I am and help me to live this new life. You said when I accept Jesus I am born anew or born again. Thank You that you forgive me of my past and erase it. Thank You that You send Your Spirit to live in me. Thank You Jesus that You will never leave me. I want to live to please You.
What do I do next?
- Find a Bible preaching church to attend that will help you grow as a believer
- Daily talk to God and include Him in every decision
- Feed your spirit the Word of God every day.
- Listen regularly to good Bible teachers and find a pastor.
- Attend church every week and get involved serving and attending a small group
For more study:
- God didn’t want heaven without you
- How to know you are going to heaven
- Jesus is the way truth and life