The term “sacrifice of praise occurs in Hebrews 13:15.
“through Him therefore let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name”
There are important words in this scripture. Let’s look at and discuss them.
- A Sacrifice can also be translated an offering.
- Praise is an offering from our heart.
- Praise is to be continual. We praise God throughout the week and during the day and through our entire life.
- Praise bears good fruit or results. Praise first of all honors God. But God doesn’t NEED praise, He simply receives it and deserves it. But the fruit of praise is mostly for us. We draw near to God’s presence through this vehicle. We also are reminded that God is greater than what we may be going through. Praise exercises our faith and makes it have expression.
- God delights in our praise and receives the gift we give Him
- Praise is a circle that always returns to giving thanks to His name. I love the names of God and Jesus because they describe in detail the Wonderful Person He is. Thank You for being Savior. Thank You for being Healer. Thank You for being Father. The list is as endless as are His attributes.