Life lived without margins can produce stress. This is where most people live today. There are so many choices. We never seem to have enough time. But the truth is we have time to do what God has called us to. We don’t have time to do everything we could do or that presents itself to us. When I shop for groceries I have to wait- and I have important things to do. And so does everybody else. Sometimes we think everybody else has nothing to do and is inconveniencing us. When the convenience store employee messes up our order we somehow take it personally.
“Look for peace, and do all you can to help people live peacefully.” 1 Peter 3:11 ERV
Peace starts at home
Are we looking to do all we can to help people around us live peacefully? It starts at home.
- Are we helping our family?
- Do we pitch in when things are crazy to bring peace?
- Are we choosing words that bring peace or fuel more conflict?
Peace at meetings and practices
How are we creating peace in our worship team practices?
- Are we giving the members adequate time to learn the music and practice?
- Are we encouraging them as people?
- Do we just look at practice as a means of musical excellence?
There are so many daily choices to look for peace and do all you can to help people live peacefully. Let’s challenge ourselves to bring peace to people we meet this week.
- What is 1 thing I could do to bring more peace in my home?
- What is 1 thing I could do to bring peace at church?
- What is 1 thing I could do to bring peace at work?