What if you could have a constant supply of God’s love available to you at all times? The good news is that you do! God’s love is toward you. God’s love is in you. God’s love is at your disposal whenever you need to love somebody. Love is more than a feeling. God’s love is powerful enough to forgive someone who has done you wrong. God’s love is powerful enough to give to somebody who always takes. God’s love is powerful enough to help you forgive yourself.
Let’s look at Romans 5:5 from several translations to get a detailed picture of what God’s love capacity in us will accomplish.
- We can’t round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit! MSG
- And this hope is not a disappointing fantasy, because we can now experience the endless love of God cascading into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who lives in us! The Passion Translation
- And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. KJV
- and that this hope never disappoints, because God’s love for us floods our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. (WNT)
- because the love of God hath been poured forth in our hearts through the Holy Spirit that hath been given to us. (YLT)
Wells, geysers and artesian wells are 3 powerful distributors of water.
- Wells hold lots of water but can run dry
- A Geyser like Old Faithful erupts roughly every 91 minutes, shooting 3,700 to 8,400 gallons of boiling water into the air to reach an average height of about 145 feet in just 15 to 20 seconds. Eruptions typically last for 1.5 to 5 minutes, with a few puffs of steam signaling the end of an eruption. You’re not a geyser
- In a flowing artesian well the water is under enough pressure to rise all the way to the surface without being pumped and must be capped to control the flow.
Of these 3 I like the artesian well picture the best. We have love under pressure just ready to flow to us and through us. These wells never run dry and always have an internal source. Just like an artesian well, the Holy Spirit has deposited His love in our spirits. We don’t merely try to love people- we just allow the love in us to come forth.