Imagine your house is wired for electricity but you don’t tap into that power with your appliances by plugging them in. You can complain that you don’t see anything happening because of the power. But it’s your connection to the power that’s the problem. How do we connect to God’s power as described in the passage below?
Ephesians 1:19-21 according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
God’s Power is mighty in this life
Wow! What power we have available in this life. So often we think of great things in the life to come- and absolutely there will be! But let’s not put off the power to heaven when it’s now we need it! Jesus name is far above every name, and His power far above any work of evil. No gloom and doom here! Jesus is the Victor and we are victors in Him. But we must enforce satan’s defeat in the Name of Jesus. Notice the passage says according to the working of his mighty power. God wants our prayer life to be tapping into some results for working that power.
What’s the power do?
Don’t you think the great commission to make disciples requires tapping into the power? Don’t you think praying for the sick and casting out devils requires tapping into the power? He’s just waiting for us to tap into the power. What Jesus did when He walked the earth, He still wants to do today. The power of God will heal the sick and raise dead relationships. The power of God will bring strength to weary souls. The power of God will bring light to depression and darkness.
How do I activate the power?
Okay so we agree God has power and it is mighty. But how do I get that power to function in my life?
- First we believe the power has been made available through Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection
- Secondly, because we are born again children of God, we have the right to the Name of Jesus- which is the Name above every name and from which darkness flees.
- We find scriptures that promise what we need and read them until they are real
- Then we command evil things (sickness, depression) to bow or depart in that name
- We praise God He has heard us and thank Him that He is working in the situation