After long periods of ministry or stress, how do you replenish or refresh your soul and spirit? In the world people go drinking to relieve the pressure. God’s got a better alternative to revive us from the spirit and soul.
Paul instructed the Ephesians:
“And don’t get drunk with wine, instead Be filled with the fullness of the Holy Spirit. And your hearts will overflow with a joyful song to the Lord Jehovah. Keep speaking to each other with words of Scripture, singing the Psalms with praises and spontaneous songs given by the Spirit!” Ephesians 5:18 TPT
Here’s 6 things that help me reboot after periods of stress or ministry.
- Read and speak Scriptures that minister God’s peace to you
- Praise and worship and listen to Gospel music
- Slowly read and sing hymns from a hymnal. A hymn book is a wonderful resource of poetic songs that can rejuvenate you.
- Read prophecies that have been given to you that inspire you to go on
- Rest in His presence by turning off all the other noise and just listen to Him
- Get plenty of sleep
Remember, ministry is work and you deplete spiritual energy as you give out. Plan times to rest and replenish your supply. Just like a bank account, when you take out a lot, it must be replenished. We minister with God’s anointing but after times of ministry to others, we ourselves need some TLC.
Some other reading: